Nominate a Non-Profit for the 2019 Gala!
The Madison Club Charitable Foundation’s board of directors is now accepting nominations for the 2019
Charity Gala. All Madison Club members are encouraged to participate. Please see below for the Request for
Proposal (RFP) guidelines and the official nomination form and instructions. Completed applications
must be submitted by Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Nominations will be reviewed by the MCCF board of directors in mid-March. All nominees will be contacted during this time. Top contenders will be invited for interviews. Please direct any questions regarding the nomination process or the Charity Gala to Krista Laubmeier at the Madison Club: firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-255-4861.
Madison Club Charitable Foundation to Support Literacy Network in 2018
As a continuation of our Foundation’s commitment to eliminating the achievement gap in education, we are pleased to announce that Literacy Network will be the beneficiary of the 2018 Charity Gala proceeds on Saturday, November 10. Please save the date and plan to attend this fantastic evening of fun and fundraising. Literacy Network provides a two-generational approach to the achievement gap, focusing on adult literacy. Look for more information on Literacy Network’s programming in the coming months.
The selection of Literacy Network was made during our 2017 nominations process
in an effort to help our Gala recipients better plan and prepare for the event.
The Madison Club Charitable Foundation is a not-for-profit entity established in 2005 that aims to help local charities raise money and further their cause through social activities, programs and events held at the Madison Club.
The Madison Club Charitable Foundation’s signature event, a formal Charity Gala, was designed to recognize and promote a new local charity each year. The Madison Club Foundation has raised over $1 million over the past twelve years. Recipients of these proceeds include:
- 2005: The American Cancer Society
- 2006: Second Harvest Foodbank's Kids Cafe Program at the Dane County Boys & Girls Clubs
- 2007: American Family Children's Hospital
- 2008: Operation Fresh Start
- 2009: Madison Area Technical College's Smart Future Scholarship Program
This donation was raised via our "Dining for a Difference" event
- 2009: Porchlight Inc.'s Veteran's Transitional Housing Initiative, a project launched in conjunction with the United Way of Dane County
- 2010: YWCA Madison
- 2011: Ronald McDonald House Charities
- 2012: Domestic Abuse Intervention Services of Dane County
- 2013: Henry Vilas Zoo
- 2014: Badger Honor Flight
- 2015: Simpson Street Free Press
- 2016: The Rainbow Project (this donation was made in conjunction with our "Steppin' Up and Rockin' event to end child abuse)
- 2016: The 100 Black Men of Madison
- 2017: Centro Hispano of Dane County
The 2017-2018 Board of Directors
Sheryl Theo, President
Tom Shorter, Vice President/Secretary
Ana Lopera Murray