Madison Club Charitable Foundation's 15th Annual Gala for
UW Odyssey Project was a success!
The Madison Club Charitable Foundation’s Gala on Saturday, November 2, was an impactful, sold out event. It was also a huge success! Thanks to the support of our amazing members, event sponsors and sold-out crowd of attendees, the Foundation raised more than $170,000 for Odyssey! It was an evening of fundraising, but also of celebration, of the amazing work the UW Odyssey Project does for our community and the hard-earned successes of their students.
The event raised a record amount of money for a worthy cause. UW Odyssey project is an award-winning, nationally-recognized program taking a whole family approach to breaking the cycle of generational poverty through access to education. Adults living near the poverty level are offered a chance to start college for free, through a six-credit, two-semester evening course. They are introduced to great works of literature, art, history and philosophy, which helps students improve their writing, reading and critical thinking skills, as well as helping them find a voice and obtain a new sense of hope. While parents are in class, children participate in Odyssey Junior, a youth program that helps children develop their interest and confidence in learning and self-expression. Odyssey helps at-risk families begin the journey out of poverty into greater fulfillment and civic engagement.
More information on the Odyssey Project can be found here: https://odyssey.wisc.edu.
Thank you to these organizations who have sponsored this event!
Future of the Foundation
After the Charity Gala for Odyssey Project this November, the Foundation will have completed 15 years of service to the community. The Charitable Foundation’s board of directors will soon determine the future role the Foundation will play in Madison. Please watch your upcoming newsletters for information.
Please direct any questions to Sarah Lensmire: email@example.com or 608-255-4861.
The Madison Club Charitable Foundation is a not-for-profit entity established in 2005 that aims to help local charities raise money and further their cause through social activities, programs, and events held at the Madison Club.
The Madison Club Charitable Foundation’s signature event, a formal Charity Gala, was designed to recognize and promote a new local charity each year. The Madison Club Foundation has raised over $1.3 million over the past fifteen years. Recipients of these proceeds include:
- 2005: The American Cancer Society
- 2006: Second Harvest Foodbank's Kids Cafe Program at the Dane County Boys & Girls Clubs
- 2007: American Family Children's Hospital
- 2008: Operation Fresh Start
- 2009: Madison Area Technical College's Smart Future Scholarship Program
This donation was raised via our "Dining for a Difference" event
- 2009: Porchlight Inc.'s Veteran's Transitional Housing Initiative, a project launched in conjunction with the United Way of Dane County
- 2010: YWCA Madison
- 2011: Ronald McDonald House Charities
- 2012: Domestic Abuse Intervention Services of Dane County
- 2013: Henry Vilas Zoo
- 2014: Badger Honor Flight
- 2015: Simpson Street Free Press
- 2016: The Rainbow Project (this donation was made in conjunction with our "Steppin' Up and Rockin' event to end child abuse)
- 2016: The 100 Black Men of Madison
- 2017: Centro Hispano of Dane County
- 2018: Literacy Network
- 2019: UW Odyssey Project
The 2020 Board of Directors
Tom Shorter, President