Twin Cities History & Culture Excursion Wed, Jun 5, 2019 — 12:00PM to 8:00PM
Come explore and learn with us in the Land of 10,000 Lakes as our third-annual History and Culture Travel Experience takes us to the Twin Cities! This year’s extraordinary road trip will include visits to a few of the area’s most iconic sites along with many hidden gems you may have missed on previous visits.
Trip highlights include:
- Private tour at the American Swedish Institute, exploring the era of the Vikings in a new acclaimed exhibit. A traditional Swedish smorgasbord lunch will complement our visit!
- An overview of the mansions of Summit Avenue, including a guided tour of the James J. Hill House, the historic home of the Great Northern Railway’s “empire builder”
- A walk through the stunning Sculpture Garden at the Walker Art Center
- Guided tour of the Minnesota State Capitol which touts the second-largest unsupported marble dome in the world after Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome.
- A visit to the Mill City Museum, on the banks of the Mississippi River, to investigate the Twin Cities’ historic ties to flour milling and other industries that used hydropower.
- Gourmet, private dinner at the University Club of St. Paul
- Sightseeing visits with local guide to Minnehaha Parkway, the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes, the Guthrie Theater, Fort Snelling and Crosby Farm Park.
- Two-night stay in deluxe accommodations.
Trip price is $750 per person, based on double occupancy, and a minimum of 14 participants. Additional participation up to 20 people, will allow some pricing discounts. Price includes roundtrip coach bus transportation, two night stay, all meals (except dinner on 6/6, which will be free choice), snacks and beverages en route, and all museum, group tours and special guest speakers.
To register, please contact Sarah Lensmire: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person is due by May 1.